Saturday, December 29, 2012

Apple Streusel Pie


I hope you all had a blessed Christmas!! I made two apple pies for two separate family dinners at my house for Christmas, and they turned out really well! I actually wrote the recipe down this time
Here is the recipe:
1 premade pie crust (I used the No Roll recipe #1 from my book)
5 large apples
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
5 packets stevia (I used the NOW brand...if you don't like stevia, replace with extra sugar)
1/4 c. coconut sugar (or xylitol or regular sugar)
1 Tbls. arrowroot powder or cornstarch
1/2 Tbls. cinnamon

Streusel Topping:
3/4 c. gluten free flour blend (recipe is in book)
1/3 c. coconut sugar (or xylitol or regular sugar)
2 packets stevia (replace with more sugar if you don't like stevia)
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. coconut oil
2/3 c. chopped walnuts

Peel and slice apples, and place in a large bowl. Add lemon juice and vanilla to the apples and carefully stir. Sprinkle the stevia, coconut sugar, arrowroot and cinnamon over apples and stir carefully until evenly coated. Pour apple mixture into the prepared pie crust. Mix the struesel topping until crumbly, then sprinkle over the top of the apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment