Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Quinoa Pizza Bites







Happy New Year!! We had a feast of food last night. Homemade quacamole with chips, bbq coctail weiners, a huge salad loaded with yummy fixing, gf chex party mix, maple corn (popcorn recipe from my book), pumpkin bread, gf mexican wedding cakes (the powdered sugar cookies...I need to post that recipe!), and these pizza bites that I modified a recipe for. 
Quinoa Pizza Bites:
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup Daiya shredded cheese, or regular cheese if you can have dairy
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsp. dried basil (it sounds like a lot, but it adds great flavor)
1 cup choppped pepperoni slices (about 1/2 a 6 ounce bag)
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt (I make my own to avoid food coloring and gluten)
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano
Pizza sauce for dipping (I used homemade spaghetti sauce)

Mix together all ingredients except pizza sauce. Fill greased mini muffin tin cups to the top of each cup, pressing down gently to compact. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment