Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sweet tooth!

I changed my blog around a little. I tend to do more gluten free recipes on a regular basis than I do essential oils recipes. I hope you all (my 2 readers...lol!) enjoy the new changes.

We love sweets in our home. I crave sweets. Thankfully, I don't feel like I need to yank that sweet tooth out anymore because there are so many healthy options! I try to make sweets as healthy as possible for me and my family. Years ago, I started mixing some ingredients together to satisfy my sweet tooth. Here are a few things I make on a regular basis:

Chocolate Balls:
Almond butter or whatever nut butter you prefer
Coconut oil, heated to just melted
Cocoa or carob powder
Honey or xylitol
Stevia

Mix desired amounts together and taste to see if it is sweet enough, and thick enough to form into balls. Scoop into balls and put in fridge. 



 Candy Bars:
1/2 cup cocoa powder or carob powder
1 cup coconut oil, heated just until melted
Honey and stevia to taste
Chopped nuts
1 drop of Peppermint oil (optional)

Mix cocoa, coconut oil and honey and stevia until there are no lumps. Gently stir in chopped nuts and peppermint oil if using. Pour into a parchment lined 8 x 8 pan. Put in the freezer to harden. If using carob powder, these will harden in the refrigerator. These need to be kept in the fridge or freezer, or they will be too soft. They can be chopped up and put into cookies, or melted and used as a chocolate syrup.
 
 
When making these, I actually prefer carob because it tends to be naturally sweeter. My family hates carob, so I make some carob for me and some chocolate for them :).

No comments:

Post a Comment